Beginner Saxophone Lessons
How It Works: You'll move through level-based, on-demand lessons that mimic an in-person curriculum. You can send video and chat messages to your teacher as you go to ask questions and get guidance (with a Play Studio Membership). You'll learn your first few songs and build strong foundational skills that will set you up for success.
Live Group Saxophone Lessons
Live Group Classes are a good fit for students who are ready to accelerate their progress and are looking for a more hands-on experience. Students join the Live Class once a week for four weeks. Each weekly Class is 1.5 hours.
Where Should I Start?
You can start with the free Saxophone Fundamentals Class (under "Beginner Saxophone Classes"). Even if you've already started to play a few notes, you should start here as well to be sure you're building the right habits. Then, work your way through each Beginner Level 1 and then Beginner Level 2.
How Does It Work?
After you complete the free Saxophone Fundamentals Class, you can purchase individual classes as you go. In the future, we'll also offer a subscription that will give you unlimited access, plus additional perks.
Once you purchase a Class, there is no expiration date and no time limit on completing it, and you can access it whenever you'd like.
What Materials Do You Need to Take a Class?
The required materials are:
- Your saxophone and essential supplies (see the Gear Guide for essential sax supplies)
- Your device - a smartphone, tablet, or computer
- A reliable internet connection
- A metronome (you can also use a free phone app, such as The Metronome by Soundbrenner)
- Recommended: Access to a printer (to print your music for each Class)
- Recommended: A pencil and a notebook or notepad, and a folder to organize your printed music/materials